About the Program
The Uru Sports Ambassador program empowers student-athletes to become confident leaders and advocates while fostering authentic community on their campus and with alumni.Excited? See below for more information about becoming an Uru Sports Student-Athlete Ambassador on your campus!
Who should apply?
We’re looking for highly motivated collegiate student-athletes who are passionate about building community and empowering athletes.
What is the time commitment?
The time commitment is flexible, but at a minimum you must be able to dedicate 2-3 hours per week to growing the Uru Sports community on your campus.
What am I expected to do?
- Engage, network, and encourage participation with student-athletes and alumni on the Uru platform
- Identify, set, and achieve goals to grow the Uru Sports community
- Work alongside Uru ambassadors from other universities to brainstorm ways to grow Uru’s presence at your school
- Attend bi-monthly check-ins and quarterly strategy meetings - let your voice be heard!
What will I gain from becoming an ambassador?
- Valuable networking opportunities and experiences: you could find your next job or internship!
- An incredible learning experience: build your resume with hands-on experience with a startup
- A lighter workload: earn class credit if desired!
- Exposure: work with a strong Uru team made up of current and former student-athletes and industry professionals. Our team includes former senior execs at Apple, Netflix, Pac12 Network, North Face, the Seattle Storm and more!
- Tangible skills: effective outreach, marketing, leadership, organization, and teamwork skills