Uru Sports is a venture-backed, early-stage sports technology startup recently backed by Comcast NBCUniversal SportsTech. Our professional platform for elite athletes helps our members navigate the next stage in their career in a more personal, approachable, and community-led way. Our vision is to connect the world’s 1 billion athletes and give them direct access to great opportunities worldwide. Trusted by athletes from the WNBA, NFL, LPGA, MLS, and top universities globally to find jobs, internships, playing opportunities and grad school scholarships.
Summary: Uru sports is seeking a passionate, entrepreneurial person to join our world-class team as the Head of Product.
- Strategy and vision: Partner with the co-founders & board to drive product vision and technology strategy. Evaluate the landscape, create roadmaps, and model different business opportunities.
- Discovery: Engage closely with our customers, user data, engineering and design teams to discover elegant solutions to challenging user and business problems.
- Delivery: Drive the product life cycle through delivery, using influence instead of authority to work through peers and executives to deliver a high quality product.
- Management: Build, lead, manage and inspire a team of product managers building Uru platform.
- Culture: Build and nurture a culture at Uru that cherishes the Uru employees, product, customers and the business around them.
Seeking: We are looking for a unique individual with the following:
- Entrepreneurial drive to be at the ground level of starting a company that can impact the world.
- Technical acumen and range to be at the forefront of next generation consumer digital services to build and lead the development of the first product.
- Experience and Leadership to create the foundation of a company ‘built to last’ with a focus on the product and technical aspects of the company.
- Data focused approach to inform the roadmap and business decisions.
- First hand experience competing in sports throughout your life.
- Values that include transparency, diversity, drive, grit, curiosity/learning and teamwork.
- 12+ years’ experience with demonstrated success shipping consumer products with high growth and engagement.
- Highly adept at informing product direction through data-driven analysis and user studies.
- Experience developing mobile technology and services.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with product, design and business leaders – internally and externally.
- Recognition as a technical product leader by your peers.
- Track record of building diverse teams.
- Experience with social, communications and/or community products with network effects.
- Bonus: a former or current competitive athlete.
Our Vision: To be the largest community hub of empowered & informed athletes in the world. Sports are a universal language and have the power to unite the world. Uru will give athletes access to a powerful network allowing them to be more successful individually, and also together - Our members will rally together and create a larger impact globally. No Borders. Just Sports.
Our Team: We are a diverse world-class team of athletes with deep industry experience - our members have a combined 35 years of experience in sports tech and have a unique track record in the sports and consumer digital media world. Our team includes the Founder of Pac 12, Founder of The North Face, former Director of Engineering at Netflix, former CEO of the Seattle Storm, and more!
Our Why: Uru was founded to help athletes get access to trusted insights from others, valuable connections and opportunities through a supportive and fun community. Our founders are passionate about giving athletes the structured information, connections and support needed to make educated career decisions on & off the field.
Location: This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world. Currently, teams in Traverse City, Denver, SF, Detroit, and Seattle. Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 10am-3pm MT).