TITLE: Soccer Analytics Intern (Remote)
DEPARTMENT: Team Operations
REPORTS TO: Head of Analytics
NOTES: The applicant must be able to receive academic credit for this internship
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem-solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
WHAT SETS YOU APART
You would like to further your data science and sports management with real-life projects to evaluate sports analysis. You have a growth mindset and analytical skills that allow you to analyze large amounts of data and produce reports and recommendations. You are committed to research and learning all aspects of soccer and sports. Concluding this internship, you will understand how Orlando City SC, MLS, and other sports approach data analytics efforts in a professional sports environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn and assist technical staff with data-driven projects.
- Under close supervision prepare and clean datasets
- Learn to design and apply analytical methods to extract insight from existing datasets.
- Research industry-leading practices to provide analyses and insights.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this internship successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of eligibility requirements, knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary:
- Studying computer science, math, data science or a related field.
- Experience with R or Python preferred.
- Interest in working with APIs.
- Interest in package management.
- Interest in data engineering, and/or statistical modeling preferred.
- Available 20-25 hours per week, including nights and weekends
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss any issues with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- MS Office (PPT, Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word) or G-Suite skills.
- Ability to present information concisely.
- Able to always represent the Club with a professional and approachable attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Duration of internship depends on the applicant's ability to receive academic credit fort his opportunity.
Disclaimer: This internship is intended to be a remote learning opportunity. Due to COVID 19 safety, policies and procedures interns may be required to participate remotely if necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.