The primary responsibility of the account executive is to drive new revenue with brands and agencies by selling JWS custom and multi-channel sponsorship packages. Join the founding sales team at JWS, wherein you’ll scale internal workflows and processes for sales enablement. Work with ongoing prioritization to ensure immediate goals are hit and long-term gains are in sight. Expect to be a representative of the JWS brand as a true storyteller where consultative content strategies and brand partnership fit are at the forefront of every encounter.
What you'll do
- Leverage JWS and own relationships to build a strong sales pipeline with agencies and brands
- Prospect using necessary tools and events to build a strong sales pipeline
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with advertiser partners, and through research, identify brands and agencies who show a marked interest in advertising around women’s sports as well as reaching the JWS audience demographic
- Contribute to achieving quarterly sales goals by selling advertising and integrated sponsorships across JWS portfolio
- Develop, present, package, price custom sponsorships. Work with account managers to build corresponding media plans for advertiser proposals
- Liaise with content team to develop custom content integration plans for advertiser inclusion
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to build brand and sales decks, combining a compelling story and data into sales marketing materials, including pitch framework, recaps, sizzle videos, case studies, mockups, and category-specific sponsorship thought starters
- Manage regular communications and sales status updates across organization
- Assist with revenue tracking and forecasting
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in partnerships, sales or sponsorships; preferably in media
- You have knowledge and enthusiasm for women’s sports and sports and entertainment culture
- Superior relationship building and exceptional consultative sales skills with a passion and hunger to win.
- Results oriented, analytical, self-motivated and a “hands on” person with proven ability to meet objectives and targets.
- You have experience working with integrated marketing campaigns
- Strong project management skills with an understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to solve problems and pivot quickly in a fast paced environment