We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Controller/Bookkeeper to join our dynamic alternate investment company. As the Controller/Bookkeeper, you will play a crucial role in managing the financial operations of our organization. Your expertise will be essential in ensuring accurate financial records, compliance with regulations, and strategic financial planning. If you have a strong background in finance, exceptional attention to detail, and a proven track record in managing financial processes within an investment setting, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our company.
- Financial Management: Oversee all financial aspects of the company, including bookkeeping, financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting. Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records using industry-standard accounting software.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations, reporting requirements, and tax laws. Stay updated on changes in regulations and implement necessary adjustments to maintain compliance.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare timely and accurate financial statements, reports, and analyses for internal and external stakeholders. Present financial information to management, investors, and auditors as needed.
- Cash Flow Management: Monitor cash flow, manage banking relationships, and optimize cash management strategies. Implement effective procedures for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Develop and manage budgets and financial forecasts. Provide analysis and insights to support strategic decision-making processes.
- Investment Accounting: Manage investment accounting processes, including tracking investments, calculating returns, and ensuring accurate valuation of assets.
- Audit Support: Coordinate and support annual financial audits and liaise with external auditors. Provide necessary documentation and assist in audit-related activities.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with internal teams, including investment professionals and administrators, to ensure accurate and seamless financial operations.
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA designation or equivalent certification is highly preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in financial management and bookkeeping roles within the alternate investment industry. Experience with private equity, venture capital, or hedge funds is a strong advantage.
- Software Proficiency: Proficient in financial software and tools, including QuickBooks, Excel, and investment management software. Familiarity with industry-specific software is a plus.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide actionable insights.
- Detail-Oriented: Meticulous attention to detail in financial reporting, compliance, and data analysis.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively convey financial information to diverse stakeholders.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work independently, and manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ethical Conduct: Maintain the highest level of ethical conduct and integrity in financial management and reporting.