Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They're creators. 👩🎤 They're freelancers. 🧑💻 They're investors. 👩💼 And they're not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we're here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We're on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 2.5 million customers in our first year on the market. If you're looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
Step is looking for an experienced Customer Experience A to be our first point of contact for customer inquiries. Money is an emotional and important part of everyday life and Step's customer support experience is a foundational piece of our overall product experience. The ideal candidate is capable of guiding customers through a friendly and positive experience while answering questions across all aspects of the Step product as well as the customer's stages of financial understanding. This includes fast problem solving and multitasking while interacting with customers in real-time.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the frontline for customer support in an omni-channel environment by solving problems and answering questions in a real-time, professional, and friendly manner.
- Be the internal customer voice to report bugs, issues, or friction points that cause frustration. Keep customer empathy first.
- Develop templates for email and chat responses to common questions.
- Assist product and operation teams to identify trends in support inquiries.
- Work closely with Fraud and Risk teams to identify suspicious activity to escalate quickly and accurately.
- Provide extraordinary service to customers over chat and email and occasionally over the phone in a fast-paced environment
- Listen and seek to understand the customer's true request to create thoughtful solutions
- Continue to learn the business and take ownership of your role and responsibilities
- Think ahead and provide solutions that anticipate future needs
- Simplify complex processes and make it easy for customers to grasp
- Can be flexible with your schedule availability and can work early mornings or weekend rotations, if asked
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years Customer support experience in a high-volume environment
- Very organized and capable of prioritizing tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to details
- Experience with current CRM and support software a plus
- Strong experience in Google Suite, MS Office and Web based portal computer skills.
- High level of integrity, professionalism and work ethic
- Experience with customer support at a startup, fintech, or highly regulated industry a plus
- Passionate about building relationships and improving customer experiences
- Adapt to new situations by thinking on your feet
- Genuinely curious about people and business, while inspiring passion in others
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻