Who We Are:
As Nelson Mandela said, “Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does.”
At LeagueApps, we agree. Mission-driven at our core, every member of our team is committed to a world where all kids and communities can benefit from youth sports. We help leading youth sports organizations operate, engage, and win with the industry's most comprehensive youth sports management platform. We power thousands of clubs, camps, tournaments, and leagues, and reach millions of participants each day.
Beyond our technology, we’re focused on developing the industry’s youth sports leaders through our NextUp: Youth Sports Management Community—providing them with opportunities for professional development and networking. Through events, content, and leadership development programming, we’re taking youth sports management to the next level. Through our FundPlay program, we provide support to sports-based youth development organizations that bring sports experiences to hundreds of thousands of underserved kids and communities. We are also founding members and leaders of the PLAY Sports Coalition, a group that advocates for youth sports at the national level.
LeagueApps is positioned for continued rapid growth, with financing from leading institutional and individual investors including Contour Venture Partners, Major League Baseball, Elysian Park Ventures, Julie Foudy, and Shane Battier, We were recognized by Deloitte's Fast 500 list in 2019 and 2020. We were ranked in the top 25 “Best Employers in Sports” by Front Office Sports, and named a "Best Place to Work" by Inc. and by BuiltIn NYC.
Role Mission: We are seeking a Director of Field Marketing who will play a crucial role in our ongoing growth. You will leverage your 6+ years of SaaS/SMB marketing experience to design and implement field marketing initiatives aimed at increasing pipeline, driving customer retention, and expanding market share. This role requires a strong passion and interest in youth sports, comfort with ambiguity and the ability to switch back and forth between strategy and execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, implement, and manage comprehensive field marketing strategies to generate new leads and drive engagement/retention with our existing partners.
- Forecast new logo pipeline and existing partner retention targets for all related Field Marketing campaigns.
- Lead the planning and execution of our annual conference, NextUp, to promote our platform, drive pipeline and thought leadership in the youth sports landscape, and build relationships to drive retention with existing partners.
- Partner with Finance and leverage data analytics to measure the impact of field marketing campaigns and identify ways to improve performance.
- Identify new innovative field marketing campaigns in collaboration with Business Development, Customer Success and Sales.
- Manage, recruit and mentor the field marketing team, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Role is expected to travel 35%-45% of the time
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field.
- At least 6+ years of professional experience in field marketing, with a focus on SMB and/or mid-market B2B Marketing.
- Proven track record of leading and executing successful event marketing campaigns that deliver measurable impact on both sales pipeline and retention.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to switch quickly between strategic thought leadership and tactical execution.
- Previous experience collaborating on ABM campaigns.
- Unique blend of creativity and analytical skills, with a comfort solving complex, ambiguous business problems.
- Passion for sports and a desire to develop a deep understanding of the youth sports industry and its key players.
- Strong project management skills and experience executing complex marketing motions.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation: $148,000 - $218,750
- Equity Grants: Every employee is an owner in our Company
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- HSA Commuter Benefits
- Home-Office Stipend
- Sports Leagues subsidies for employees and their children
- Cell phone and gym subsidies (including Class Pass, Citi Bike, and New York Sports Club)
- Mental Health Resources; Talk Space and Calm
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering and grant-making
LeagueApps is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization, and to helping youth sports organizers across the country do the same.
The duties listed are not exclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed or desired by the employer to meet business needs. The employer reserves the right to change, add to or eliminate positions as it deems appropriate. Your employment will be at-will, meaning you or LeagueApps Inc. may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or advance notice, for any reason.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes benefits, and other opportunities at LeagueApps. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal pay parity relative to other LeagueApps employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at LeagueApps to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.