This is a [fully commissioned, partly commissioned] financial advisor position. Prospecting and maintaining excellent client relationships using our tax-intelligent holistic business model is a priority. The Financial Advisor will partner with other firm team members such as an Administrative Assistant who will offer operational support, allowing the Financial Advisor to focus on the financial needs of clients, identify prospects and deliver a clear pathway for clients to achieve financial independence.
We enjoy what we do and the people we do it with.
We believe what we do matters and is exemplified by the level of trust and customer service we deliver.
We believe that trust is the foundation of any successful relationship, and we strive to uphold our values in everything we do. Our goal is to provide our clients with confidence in their financial futures by offering unbiased advice, personalized service, and innovative solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect and attract new business utilizing the tax-intelligent business model.
- Provide clients with excellent experience and facilitate client retention by building strong relationships.
- Meet with clients and CPAs as needed to present proposed solutions, gather information, complete paperwork, and provide timely and accurate follow-up.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of securities, investments and investment products, securities markets, Avantax Intelligent Planning concepts, and financial planning to build goals-based strategies.
- Effectively communicate financial concepts to clients and make suitable recommendations.
- Have an established level of trust and confidence with clients so financial issues can be addressed, and solutions offered.
- Lead client/advisor meetings; discuss investment performance and economic and market trends.
- Ability to recognize, prepare and present opportunities for other services such as accounting, estate planning, etc. Consult directly with legal services, accountants, etc. to do so.
- Adopt and ensure the consistent use of repeatable processes to assure departmental efficiencies and firm-wide consistency; including but not limited to updates to the CRM (Client Relationship Management) database with client meeting notes and activity, etc.
- Initiate proactive calls daily, to prospects, and existing clients to initiate new business development and grow assets under management.
- Maintain educational compliance and industry knowledge of developments and changes, assist in audit-related needs when necessary and adhere to industry regulations.
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university, or at least three years related wealth management experience and/or training required.
- Strong computer skills with MS Word, Excel, CRM Database, PowerPoint and email.
- Required: Series 7/66, or 65/63 combo.
- Preferred: CFP certification.
- Preferred: Life/health insurance license.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.