Avantax is seeking a Financial Planner who will serve an assigned high-net-worth client base. The Financial Planner will also develop ongoing working relationships with the client’s Financial Planning Consultant, and the client’s CPA on behalf of the client. This position will review each client’s financial situation, make appropriate observations and recommendations, and take ownership of the planning process on behalf of the client. The Financial Planner will be accountable for developing and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the client’s financial situation, identifying planning opportunities, and following through on implementation. May also work on behalf of prospects and assist in relationship development with new or prospective clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Serve as the lead planner/project manager for an assigned client/prospect base.
- Coordinate with and take direction from the clients regarding planning needs, relationship development needs, and deliverable/solution development for clients and client meetings.
- Organize and lead the deliverable/solution creation as agreed upon with the financial advisor; this will include working with other areas as appropriate.
- Enter client data into financial planning software.
- Analyze the data for planning opportunities and recommendations.
- Develop and/or review and approve deliverables for client meetings, including (but not limited to):
- Balance Sheet / Net Worth Statement.
- Cash Flow Analysis (including social security recommendations).
- Income Tax Analysis.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university, and/or two to four years of related experience and/or training required.
- Four years of related experience and/or training are required.
- Strong computer skills with MS Word, Excel, CRM Database, PowerPoint, Email and
- Internet usage.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
- The CFP is required.
- One or more of the following is preferred: CPA, CFA, ChFC
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
We offer a competitive salary, and an outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with the company.