Uru Sports is partnering with an established manufacturing company to hire a HR Manager.
Management position with functional responsibility for implementation, coordination and administration of employment, benefits, associate relations, workers’ compensation/safety, payroll, training, and state and federal regulations.
- Develop, implement and oversee all in-house programs mandated by state and
- federal regulations.
- Administer compliance through required reports or documentation to appropriate
- Administer and assure compliance of all workers’ compensation claims. Review,
- ensure appropriate action and make recommendations with each claim.
- Establish and promote maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions.
- Oversee administration of training programs and maintain all training records.
- Process weekly payroll.
- Maintain electronic employee files.
- Coordinate salary changes, transfers, leaves of absences, lay-off, discharges,
- vacations, appraisals, etc.
- Recruit and evaluate applicants. This included internal job postings. Coordinate
- recruitment functions with outside agencies.
- Assist management in the administration, explanation and interpretation of applicable
- laws and company policies and procedures to ensure that an efficient operation is
- Conduct new employee orientations.
- Benefits administration:
- Administer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance eligibility, FSA, 401K,
- enrollment, revisions and terminations to benefit plans. Administer annual open
- enrollment process.
- Educate and train new associates on company policies and benefits.
- Investigate and process all unemployment insurance claims. Serve as company
- representative at hearing, as required.
- Monitor compliance of associate personnel and safety files as required by state and
- federal regulations, maintain OSHA log and reporting requirements.
- Oversee and/or coordinate company sponsored associate activities.
- Participate, as needed, in internal problem solving/improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or a minimum of two
- years of related experience.
- Athlete experience is nice to have (collegiate, professional, Olympic)
- Proficient use of personal computers and computer operation within a network
- Ability to read and interpret Human Resource related material and understand
- and apply laws and regulations.
- Ability to read, interpret and develop documents such as safety rules, operating
- instructions and system documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all customers and all levels of associates.