Andscape is a Black media platform dedicated to creating, highlighting, and uplifting the diverse stories of Black identity. Magnified by the power and reach of ESPN and The Walt Disney Company, the Andscape umbrella includes an editorial division, book publishing arm, film and television division, and music publishing group – each united by the shared mission of illuminating the culture and experience of Blackness. Founded in 2022, Andscape is a reimagination, expansion and diversification of The Undefeated’s former platform.The Project manager is responsible for the internal and external coordination of all aspects of developing and delivering a cross-platform project commemorating the 50th anniversary of the “founding” of Hip-Hop. The Project manager will work hand in hand with the Editorial Management and Business Affairs teams at Andscape, as well as the creative and business teams at Disney Music and ESPN to strategically plan and creatively weigh-in on the overall scope and planning of a package launch and regular installments, ranging from music releases to live events to digital video and streaming TV productions to podcasts. This individual coordinates administrative and financial requirements, establishes timelines, deliverables and review sessions for both the internal team and production stakeholders for single or multiple projects. The Project manager manages expectations to our production stakeholders and internal senior staff. This is an 18-month project role that can based out of our sites in NY, CT, or LA on a hybrid schedule.
- Strong team building skills. Is able to motivate, educate, direct a team or individual Designers, Animators, Editors and others assigned to a projects whether in-house, freelance or with an external production group.
- Oversees project schedules, budgets, resources, and vendor contracts
- Point of contact for project communications from Production, including status reports for design team, management staff, clients, and vendors
- Manages changes to deliverables lists and/or project schedules
- Ensures that deliverables are received and payments are fulfilled
- Makes budget decisions within limits prescribed by creative and executive leaders
- Coordinates communication with our legal team or image reps to ensure best practices in royalties and copyrights
- Conducts and organizes research for projects in collaboration with creative leaders
- Schedules and attends production meetings, takes notes for clients and vendors
- Oversees and delegates archiving of project elements and materials
- Accountable for strict adherence to established department procedures
- Ability to work nights and weekends and extra hours as needed.
- This is an 18-month project role that can based out of our sites in NY, CT, or LA on a hybrid schedule.
Basic Qualifications :
- Ability to run internal meetings, and some meetings with client/stakeholders.
- Strong Understanding of Microsoft based software (Word, Excel, 365)
- Working knowledge of software utilized for projects by designers, animators, and editors
- Demonstrated ability to get along with diverse personalities and working styles
- Partnering and teamwork skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead creative and producing teams on large and small scale projects
- Detail and multi-task oriented, the ability to multitask and deliver consistently with accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Very strong communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills
- Experience planning live events
- Familiarity with the music industry
Required Education :
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's Degree in related field