Regional Sales Manager
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our two groups: Youth & Recreational Sports and Golf.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with dozens of sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips, and more.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
NBC Sports Next includes two groups. This role is part of our Youth & Recreational Sports group.
Youth & Recreational Sports is comprised of technology platforms, such as SportsEngine, SportsEngine Motion, SportsEngine Tourney, and TeamUnify that enable athletes, parents, coaches and team administrators in the youth and recreational space to manage their organizations, collect payments, share schedules, find programs to participate in and connect with other families. Additionally, NCSI enables leagues and organizations to properly screen and train coaches in an effort to keep kids safe.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what’s Next.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for leading a team of 6 -12 Business Development Representatives. The RSM will develop and execute a demand generation strategy within a specified customer segmentation with the ultimate goal of growing our current account base and exceeding sales revenue goals/objectives. This role will also be responsible for planning and executing initiatives as assigned and deliver a high aptitude of decision-making to help steer overall strategy within the assigned market.
- Work with sales leadership to establish and execute a strategic plan to grow revenue within the assigned segmentation
- Responsible for coaching, training, and developing the team in the areas including but not limited to; proper outbound techniques, increasing product interest demand, and identifying new opportunities within our target market. The ultimate goal of the RSM is exceeding sales revenue goals/objectives
- Utilize current and previous performance to identify and steer individual/team daily activity metrics
- Utilize technology to scale prospect messaging and one-to-many touchpoints
- Communicate regularly with the leadership team on current and future market strategies and forecasts of his/her segment
- Shadow individual phone calls ongoing and provides direct, immediate feedback
- Seek creative ways to drive team engagement, enhance culture and foster self-sufficient teamwork
- Assist reps as needed during calls, presentations, and product demos
- Assist as needed in negotiating and closing opportunities
- Partners with the sales leadership and HR in the investigation and resolution of employee performance/relation issues
- Act as a role model and own the company mission and values
- Responsible for regular 1x1 meetings as well as quarterly/annual performance reviews
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain a team that creates opportunity advancement and succession planning within and across your organizational structure
- Train and create a schedule for any new hires that they bring into their team
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred
- 2-3 years in a sales leadership/management role preferably in a SaaS related business
- Proven ability to motivate, coach, and direct employees towards success
- 3+ years relevant sales experience and a solid history of significant success
- Results-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task with consistent and timely follow-through
- High Competency with Salesforce, Outreach, and/or other CMS + sales marketing tools
- Success as a manager and operator within a set market relating to Saas and payments
- Must be willing to work in our Minneapolis office
- Willingness to travel and work and on weekends with short notice
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.