About Swish House
Swish House is the world's first basketball fitness class. Our in-person, group classes are designed by professional hoopers and NBA physiologists and deliver a HIIT-inspired workout through a series of basketball-specific skill drills, strengthening exercises, and shooting games. There is no defense in our classes, so everyone of all skill levels, ages (18+), and genders are welcome.
Swish House is a seed-stage startup and is looking to expand from its six active locations in Chicago and the Midwest to other metro areas. This internship will focus on our flagship location Chicago, IL.
“Sports Videography Intern” Description
This is an opportunity to implement your creativity and expertise to make an immediate impact. Swish House is looking for a visual and creative storyteller who will bring a fresh perspective to our brand identity. As a Swish House videographer, your role will primarily focus on sports action, portrait, and feature shooting. Applicants should possess high-level skills in all photographic areas and subjects including digital photography, video, lighting, editing, and photographic technologies.
In this internship, you will be responsible for the execution of Swish House’s video content to be published across all of our platforms. You will work directly with the Head of Marketing to establish the core visual identity of a one-of-a-kind basketball company. This internship will be a "hands-on", practical experience in a true startup environment where you will almost immediately see the results of your work.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop brand-relevant video content for Swish House’s social media channels, website, and internal projects
- Continuously search for new content opportunities to drive member engagement
- Review the performance of video content across Swish House digital channels, and recommend improvements based on data
- Integrate Swish House sales messaging into video content when relevant
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop a social media strategy wherein you create, publish, and share content designed to build a community and a brand
- Team first, positive attitude, with great organizational and multitasking skills and an eagerness to learn
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, using inspiration inside and outside the basketball world
- Experience ideating, producing, editing, and publishing world-class video content
- High proficiency with video production equipment, animation, and editing tools
- Cross-platform proficiency in social media content creation tools
- Adequate knowledge of each social media platform's algorithm
- Availability to work 4-6 hours, 2-4 days each week
- Workplace flexibility: 80% remote / 20% on site (in the gym in Chicago)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Proficient in Google Business Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, etc.)
- Currently enrolled in a related BA or Master degree program
- Access to professional-grade camera for content creation
- English language fluency
- Must be authorized to work in the United States