As the Sr. Manager Women’s Marketing & Women’s Tennis, you will work as a critical liaison for WHOOP in one of our most exciting and emerging combined categories that ranges from working with key female influencers to activating women’s tennis players and the WTA partnership. You will act as both a team player and owner and help drive this market to its full potential by providing category marketing leadership from business development to marketing & activation planning.
- Overseeing and driving the category growth of WHOOP female members
- Selecting and managing partnerships with key female influencers beyond the world of sport to engage with women on various age and activity levels
- Working in close collaboration with the Director of Media to effectively use platforms of female influencers
- Own the relationship with WHOOP and key tennis partners, in particular the WTA, including day-to-day partnership activation and oversight of all partnership related deliverables
- Provide Category Marketing leadership to develop the women’s tennis category in the US and abroad to grow awareness and adoption of WHOOP among female tennis players, female athletes overall and participatory tennis fans
- Collaborating with senior sports marketing manager on the sports marketing partnership management of the WTA and key tennis players from the selection and contract negotiation to the day to day marketing use of the athletes/assets
- Travel to select tennis events to ensure WHOOP effectively uses the influence of key stakeholders of the WTA, athletes and their representation as well as industry partners in driving the sports aspect of the women’s category growth
- Liaise between partners, the channels leads of the WHOOP marketing team, and key leaders in the company to ensure the optimal ROI of the women’s investment and the WTA partnership in all aspects, such as content creation, marketing initiatives, sports science development etc.
- Plan and manage relevant marketing activities with tennis players
- Initiate and collaborate in the creation of the category marketing briefs related to creative, data analytics, and media teams to generate content, data stories and copy for paid, owned and earned media with tennis partners
- Partner with global comms/PR team to drive earned awareness in endemic tennis, sports and lifestyle press
- 4+ years of experience in women’s and/or athlete marketing, preferably in the sports/athletic, brand and agency space; experience in tennis or international women’s professional sports a plus
- Willingness to travel to relevant events (20% travel anticipated, some international)
- Must have strong management and communication skills, comfortable driving marketing ROI and taking a position
- Experience with business development and contract management preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a closely related field
- Passion for sports and fitness, especially women’s and professional tennis, strongly preferred
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.