Visa Champions Program
Visa Champions Program - A Rotational Program for Former Professional Athletes – Atlanta, GA
We will be accepting applications for this position from January 16, 2024 to February 22, 2024. By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered across multiple subfunctions and teams. Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location, and team need.
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Visa Champions Program is a tailored development experience that harnesses the unique and diverse perspectives offered by former professional athletes as they embark on their second career. This program is best suited for those who are looking to excel.
The program offers individualized experience pathways, best in class programming and one to one coaching to leverage the caliber of former elite athletes as they find their fit and succeed at Visa.
- We Champion Diverse Perspectives
- We Champion Career Exploration
- We Champion Your Growth
- You’ll experience three eight-month distinct rotational assignments over two years while part of the program
- These rotations are led by your own passions and development needs
- When you join the program, you’ll complete a front-end diagnostic which includes coaching sessions and psychometric assessments to help us your first assignment
- A one-to-one coach will be assigned to you throughout the program. They will work with you to assess your needs which will inform where we place you for your next assignment
Training and Development:
- Every six months you and the entire US based cohort will enjoy a full week of classroom-based training. Each of our development weeks is themed; “Me Smart”, “People Smart”, “Data and Tech Smart” and “Commercial Smart”
- Trainings with give you practical and applicable skills such as data analysis and visualization, coding skills, executive presence, social selling and many more.
- You will also hear directly from Visa leaders and subject matter experts as part of our ongoing “Knowledge Networks” series.
- At the end of each six months, you will compete in a team project to test your learning, network with executives and win exciting incentives!
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-5 years of applicable experience OR an Advanced degree with at least 2 years of experience
- Must have competed at a professional/elite level as part of a nationally or internationally recognized affiliation (ex. Olympics/Paralympics/NFL/FIFA/NBA etc.)
- Max 6 years since retirement from sports team
- All majors are welcome to apply
- Strong leadership potential demonstrated through employment (part time work or internships) or extra curricular activities
- Good with people
- Excellent analytical/numerical abilities
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in finding new ways to do things
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Professional maturity
- Strong work ethic and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $79,000, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.