Position: Developmental Training Program - Operations
Locations: Holland, Michigan, Greenville, South Carolina, Garland, Texas
Clarion Technologies, Inc. designs, develops, and manufactures injection-molded products for the automotive, home appliance, and consumer products industries. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Holland, Michigan with manufacturing facilities in the Midwest, Southeast, and Texas. We are committed to nurturing talent and providing a structured learning environment for individuals who are passionate about learning the industry.
We are a fast-paced fun culture and our executives are all very well tenured.
We care a lot about our employees and have had excellent growth over the past year and expect an even bigger trajectory.
Our Developmental Training Program in Operations offers a unique opportunity for dedicated individuals to gain hands-on experience and develop the skills required to excel in various aspects of our operations.
Our Developmental Training Program is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of our operations and processes. Participants will be exposed to a variety of areas, including but not limited to production, quality assurance, program management, materials, human resources, finance, and more. Through a combination of hands-on training, mentorship, and classroom learning, you will gain the knowledge and skills needed to contribute to our organization's success.
Production Phase 1 (3 weeks):
- Operator (1 week): Participate in onboarding for new operators, work with trainers to understand injection molding terminology, and master essential skills.
- Relief Operator / Supervisor (1 week): Under the guidance of Shift Supervisors and Team Leaders, spend time as a Relief Operator, handling beginning and end-of-shift paperwork, and assisting operators as needed. Monitor daily activities with the supervisor.
- Misc (1 week): Gain exposure to quality and containment processes, maintenance, tooling, work orders, and human resources functions.
Program Management/Launch (6 weeks):
- New Program/Award Kick-off: Participate in the kick-off of new programs, learn about the APQP process, and engage in regular meetings. Interface with customer visits and meetings alongside Program Managers.
- Quality (4 weeks): Get trained in quality control checks, containment procedures, and quality paperwork. Spend time as an auditor and in containment. Learn about CR/NCMR processes, work instructions, 8D processes, and PPAP for production and launch.
Production Phase 2 (6 weeks):
- Lead Shift: Lead a shift for six weeks, participating in shift rotations and overseeing operations.
Plant Materials Group (4 weeks):
- Purchasing (1 week): Gain insights into the purchasing process.
- Customer Service / Scheduling (2 weeks): Learn about customer service, scheduling, and coordination.
- Shipping / Receiving (1 week): Understand shipping and receiving operations.
Human Resources (1 week):
- Manning/Resource Planning: Learn about resource planning, employee relations, and legal aspects of human resources.
Corporate Materials (1 week):
- Price Change Process: Understand price change procedures.
- Customer Balance Out: Learn about customer balance and reporting.
- Nafta / USMCA Reporting: Gain knowledge of trade agreements and reporting requirements.
- Quarterly SAP Reporting: Learn how to generate quarterly SAP reports.
Quoting Process (2 weeks - Corporate):
- RFQ: Understand the Request for Quote (RFQ) process.
- Feasibility: Review opportunities and assess feasibility.
- RFQ Tooling: Learn about RFQ tooling and its development.
- Quote Development: Develop quotes for parts and ancillaries.
- Sales (2 weeks): Participate in sales calls, interface with customers, review opportunities, and gather necessary information.
Finance (2 weeks):
- Accounts Payable (A/P) and Receivable (A/R): Understand the financial aspects of accounts payable and receivable.
- Month-End Close Process: Learn about the month-end close process.
- Financial Statements: Gain insights into income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Team player
- Eagerness to learn and take initiative
We look forward to welcoming motivated individuals who are passionate and eager to embark on a rewarding learning journey with Clarion Technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We encourage diversity and inclusion in our workplace.